A kite of its own shape…
How fun those days when I used to build kites, playing with the glue would always become part of the whole building process, throwing paint to each other as well…I miss the singing, staring at the clouds, trying to find shapes while watching our kites rise up.
…it rises up in the air because of its design, pushed by the force of the air, an upward force. Two things are important to understand. First, the air travels in two directions, creating a circulation that will keep the kite floating. Second, the air traveling above the kite goes faster than the air below it. The result in the difference of the speed is exactly what creates the upward force. If the best case, the kite finds itself trapped in one direction, only having the chance to keep on going up…up it goes! A good kite pilot knows that lots of string is needed, and that timing to release the string is important.
“It is not about what we do, you know, but about what the Lord does in us, you know” – One of my friends said those words to me. I got out of the gym after everyone else had left. It was raining, and my friend and I came across each other…we talked for a good while, standing in front of each other, talking like buddies, man to man, looking at each other’s eyes. The rain…far away in the distance, above the roof and exactly at the right of the cross of the chapel, I could see the reflection of the rain coming down, going in all the directions with the dancing of the wind, I could see many trees getting wet.
It was right in…such impetus…my eyes switched direction, lifted up now to the cross above the roof of the chapel.
My friend said words I will keep with me; he said words that I need daily in my life...
I have been thinking lately about the joy inside Jodie Gazan when she worships the LORD. As I was playing the drums yesterday I could contemplate each of the singers and players. The joy inside this woman as she worships her KING is unique. How encouraging to see the joy deep inside her. It reminded me of the hope we cling to, of the LORD we trust in, the FATHER who holds us, who cares and loves us....Looking at the cross tonight reminded me of Jesus, my SAVIOUR.
He died for me.
By grace there I go in life.




