Tuesday, 22 April 2008

NEVER DEFEATED

The memory is there, still very fresh!

On a sunny afternoon my mom came inside home...she run towards me, gave me a warm hug, and said: "I love you Javi...you have been a good boy, I have a surprise for you..." Her hug is still warm, I can feel it even today, hundreds of days after.

I could not resist to see the surprise. After a couple of minutes of intense suspense, long, very long minutes, she brought through the door a shinny blue bike. WOOOHOOO! I wonder how big my eyes got, how shinny they were. A bike was something I had desired for so long. Finally, after having patiently waited for it, at my side I had it, my very first bike. I will never forget the first moments I spent riding it, the love and care I had for my bike. It was my first thing to look after, my priority, and possibly dream. After a while I am sure it dissipated, in the very same way clouds do.

Today, while in solitude, in complete quietness, the thought of the day when I got my first bike came to air...so did the thought of the very day when I gave my life to my Shepherd.
The evening when I gave myself to my Saviour... tears came down from my eyes, complete joy filled my soul and heart, love overflowed my being. God became my first love, all I could think of. My first priority and most ardent desire was to spend all my time knowing him more and more.

I cannot understand the love of God. How is that my first love, the pure, genuine love I had for God when I first met him fades away sometimes? Yet, God's love for me is always perfect, his love is love, love of a father? Yes, indeed, HE IS LOVE!

His love is what I need, without any doubt.

God's love... it is unfailing!

His love...

When I am at the ocean, one of my favorite things to do is to fight huge waves, to go as close as possible to the place where they reach their biggest size and height. Once you get to this point, you have no way to avoid the fight. Either you dive or wrestle against the wave. You cannot avoid getting complete soaked.

...his love waters me, it refreshes me!

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.



Jesus, I humbly thank you for how you love me.
I praise you, my first love.
Jesus, only your love heals my wounds.
I praise you, my first love.