
The Parrot Flower, originally from Thailand, has its own incantational, enchanting voice.
The flower's shape, unique in its own species, reflects a very intentional, charming beauty.

In addendum, the colorful rainbow, the exquisite blossom, it truly makes to the perfection of it, to the DNA, one that belongs solely to the Parrot Flower. Pleasing is this flower, through its voice and beauty, to the human eye.

Refuge?
I used to climb a tower back in the days, back when I was 8-11 years old.
The war would come, thunders would resound here and there, the drum line...my heart would be deeply troubled for some reason. I would run with my dog, take off to a trial, one hidden in the wilderness. My dog would loyally follow me. We would together run like beasts. Seeing all the trees aligned, the dust and rocks, this tiny abandoned house, and the butterflies flying all around me, would confirm to me the proximity of my refuge, the tower... "you are almost there Javi, keep running fast"......I would then slow down at the presence of this powerful river. My dog, instead, would run faster...he, as a brutal beast, would get into the river...no hesitation...okay then! here I go! I knew my dog would wait for me to cross the river. He would swim and stay firm in the middle of the river, there, waiting until I would take courage to cross the river with him... I miss my Yellow, Golden Retriever, most GOLDEN one, gold of no price, nothing would ever afford it...
...Quite an adventure it was crossing the river. It would always be a great challenge. It would be a warrior to fight against, and a deep enough pot to drop my fear into. It would be then, after having crossed the river, time for my faithful and loyal friend to take a good rest. For me, it would be time to start climbing my tower. A long ironed ladder would be the means to get to the top of my refuge. I learned how to love heights, enjoy the vertigo, and how to take advantage of the momentum as well. Once being at the top, it was time for me to rest, to clear my mind, to yell, to dream, to feel like a captain who just conquered land, to rest, to admire the sunset...it was time to enjoy my refuge, the place where no one could touch me, give me orders, or defeat me.


Oh, the scenery. I could watch over all Ingenio Pantaleon. I could watch the plentiful and very long sugar cane fields, the hard workers with their machetes, the lines of trucks being loaded with sugar cane, and the nature itself...banana and coconut trees, rivers, the mountains...
...When I look at the past I tend to think of the process through which God has taken me.
Refuge?
It still takes me a whole long adventure, different scenes, and obstacles to jump over, in order for me to realize and come to my new refuge. This refuge is one that really I cannot describe and compare to my tower. However, it is this new refuge the one that certainly was watching over me at all times when I would go to run and escape with my dog, trying to hide from everyone, looking for time alone, and for my secret place. My refuge is not far away from me. He is only far away from a prayer. Well, really, he is inside me, dwelling in my own troubled heart. In times of war, when my feet had almost slipped, chaos, frustration, and what else not, he covers me with his wings.

"The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble." -Psalm 9. 9
"Keep me safe, oh God, for in you I take refuge." - Psalm 16. 1
"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." - Psalm 18. 2
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." - Psalm 46. 1
"My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge." - Psalm 62. 7
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me." -John 14. 1



