He...we were holding hands.
It was a cold night, the fog partly covered the city, noise invaded the atmosphere, the smell of "pegamento" (glue) and alcohol felt like a permanent and warm kiss in both my cheeks.
The life of my buddy always depended on tough items that would cease his hunger. Those little "snacks" came most of the time through stealing money... rarely from the help of...never from a loving family who could give to him with love.
We were holding hands.
I could feel his shiver.
I could feel his fear.
We were holding hands.
I could feel him...
In the middle of a song of worship he stumbled, he fell in his knees. I grabbed him.
I was holding his head.
He began shaking...convulsing. Some tears fell from his eyes. In my arms I had the life of my buddy, one close buddy who in his physical hunger made me hunger for Christ. In my arms laid the life of a 9ish homeless year old boy...
He fought for his life until the last breath. In my arms...I could only pray. In my arms...the ever changing act God has used to change my life.
He fought for his life until the last breath. In my arms...I could only pray. In my arms...the ever changing act God has used to change my life.
I was holding hands with my buddy!
I am hoping to hold his hands,
to hold his hands at the presence of the Holy Holy Holy One!
I am hoping to hold his hands,
to hold his hands at the presence of the Holy Holy Holy One!



