Yesterday, September 1st of 2009:
I had plans to accomplish,
errands, meetings, things to do...
One of my dear friends from Africa
got a highly painful headache,
one he could not resist anymore.
He had been feeling painful headaches for 3 or 4 days in a row.
He felt as if his heart would stop working
and then work too fast.
He had a 103.8 fever temperature.
Many a times he expressed he had
strong pain in his chest.
...My day changed suddenly.
I am still thinking and feeling...
With my Japanese friend,
we took our friend to the hospital.
From around 4 or 5pm to 12 or 1am
we stayed at the hospital,
witnessing many a tests that they had to take,
patiently waiting for answers to come,
praying in silence,
comforting our friend and each other at the room,
smiling at times,
listening and seeing other people at the ER.
Our friend got released after being put on strong medication,
and without a clear confirmation of what he had,
malaria? meningitis?
but at least knowing blood was not overflowing in his brain,
and knowing that his tests would come in next day.
Life
Love
I heard several people screaming at the emergency of the hospital.
I saw people crying,
I held the hand of my friend while he was experiencing pain.
Some of his words are still in my head today:
"How much longer?
When should I not feel pain?"
...And on the way back to the dorms,
a car crashed on 3rd mile.
The car caught on fire.
We came across the accident perhaps 1 or 2 minutes
after it had happened.
Everyone stopped,
multiple sirens illuminated the Beltline.
At this point I still think people got burned alive.
...LIFE
LOVE



